Dedicated to Exceptional Country, Superior Hounds, Sturdy Horses, Outstanding Staff, Wonderful & Involved Members, Strong Leadership, and Great Sport!
Steve Lyons, Paul V. McEnroe, Jef and Katie Graham
Rolling hills covered with oaks, brush, and pasture land; in Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo counties.
October (autumn hunting)-April. Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays or Sundays. Visitors permitted to hunt—for details contact us below
American, Penn-Marydel, English, Crossbred, Blanc Noir and Grand Gascon Saintongeois.
One of our club's greatest assets is our beautiful hunt country. Together with our warm hospitality, we enjoy riding our horses out in the wild while appreciating the work of the hounds seeking and chasing the scent of the quarry.
The social interaction and non-competitiveness of SYVH is what is unique and special to this equestrian discipline. Mounted on horseback, you become part of nature's theater through the rolling hills and meadows
of the Santa Ynez and Los Alamos Valleys.
The Santa Ynez Valley Hounds purpose is to provide our members with an enjoyable sport. Our traditions are devised to respect our landowners, to enhance our riding pleasure, and to preserve the traditions of our sport for future generations.
SYVH's growth has come from members who encourage others to learn about the sport and to participate not only by riding to hounds, but also by supporting social activities such as our Hunt Ball, Landowners' Appreciation BBQ, and summer trail rides. Camaraderie among members also comes from support of the Western States Hound Show, the Hound Performance Trials, The Western Hunt Challenge Tour, and our Race Meet & Derby Trials.
SYVH will continue to provide the opportunity to meet with friends who share the love of riding to hounds.
BECOME A MEMBER
Santa Ynez Valley Hounds welcomes like-minded individuals and families who want to enjoy the thrill of foxhunting with a great pack of hounds. We invite you to come out and join us on hound training and exercise, trail rides, and capping during hunting season. These are all great ways to meet members, see our club in action, and learn the country. If you have questions or want more information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting you!
- Jun 11, 11:00 AM – 3:00 PMSummerland-directions coming soonA potluck social get together with SYVH awards ceremony. This is always a not to be missed event. Live and silent auction-bring cash or checks.
- Time is TBDCall the hotline 805.564.6875Weekday/Weekend
- Time is TBDPlease call the hotline 805.564.6875Formal attire-black melton coat, canary or tattersall vest, white shirt, plain white or palest yellow stock tie, stock pin, beige or canary breeches, plain black boots.
- Call the Hotline 805.564.6875 after 5pmKick On Ranch, 8400 Old Careaga Ranch Rd, Santa Maria, CA 93455, USATuesday dress attire- Informal or "Ratcatcher" traditionally worn during autumn hunting. Tweed or linen jacket in muted colors, neck or stock tie, ladies may wear a choker with their riding blouse, breeches: rust, grey, or beige. THURSDAY'S-Any button down shirt. No red, (reserved for staff).
- Jun 04, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PMTake Foxen Canyon Road to Foxen Winery & ViA wonderful trail ride to experience a fabulous ranch in the Santa Ynez Valley. Take Foxen Canyon Road to Foxen Winery & Vineyard. Slightly North and opposite of Foxen Winery Shack please park. About a two hour ride on old oil field roads and cattle trails. Call our ride organizer at 805.245.1845.
For any general inquiries, please fill in the following contact form:
It's a beautiful day to ride!